• Il Golfo dei Poeti

    Golfo

    dei Poeti

    Lerici, Portovenere
    Tellaro, Fezzano, Cadimare..

  • Il Golfo dei Poeti

    Golfo

    dei Poeti

    Lerici, Portovenere
    Tellaro, Fezzano, Cadimare...

  • Il Golfo dei Poeti

    Golfo

    dei Poeti

    Lerici, Portovenere
    Tellaro, Fezzano, Cadimare...

THE CHURCH OF SAN LORENZO



Commissioned in 1098 by Genova, this church still features its Romanesque fašade, which was the work of the Magistri Antelami and which dates back to the between 1116 and 1130. Damaged in an assault by the Aragonese in 1494, the church underwent continuous restoration work over the course of the 16th century, which saw the erection of columns made out of white Carrara marble, the addition of an octagonal cupola and the rebuilding of the bell tower.
The interior is made up of three aisles that stretch out under a series of pointed arches supported by black stone columns, some of which were replaced during the aforementioned restoration works. Among the works of art housed within the church are the 14th century Madonna Bianca and the 15th century triptych.

Nearby:
The church of San Pietro
The castle of Portovenere

The church of San Lorenzo

The church of San Lorenzo